Invitation to Present
Share your knowledge and expertise at PEERS 2018 — the industry's foremost technical event for pulp and paper companies.
Manuscripts that provide reports or case studies on the latest advances in technology as well as fundamental process knowledge and control are requested to support this year’s theme, “Technical Solutions for Today and Beyond.”
Suggested Topics Include:
- Mill Reliability
- Brown Stock Washing
- Recovery Boilers
- Energy and Power Boiler
- Non-wood Fibers
- Biorefinery Track (part of IBBC)
Abstract submissions are due by March 23, 2018. All submissions will be peer-reviewed for acceptance.
Student Poster Session and Competition
Gain valuable industry input and increase exposure for your project or research. Students interested in presenting should submit an abstract on one of the following topics:
- Process Improvements in Consumption of Energy, Water, and Raw Materials
- Creation of New Sustainable Products
Poster abstract submissions are due by March 23, 2018.
Rapid Fire Showcase
Student poster presenters will get 5 minutes to present 5 slides summarizing the research they are currently working on. Attendees interested in the subjects presented can visit the accompanying poster to have a more in-depth conversation. This format offers greater exposure to presenters and gives attendees a snapshot of the wide variety of research being conducted.
PowerPoint presentations should only have five slides:
- Slide 1 - Title Slide: Title of presentation, your name, and your institution/group that you represent.
- Slide 2 - Description of Work: Description of the work you've done (raw material, equipment used, process conditions used).
- Slides 3 and 4 - Results: Graphs and tables that show the results of the work.
- Slide 5 - Conclusion: Three to four bullet points that describe the conclusions you made from the experiment conducted.
Submissions must be received by the deadline to be considered for acceptance. Due to the large number of submissions received, the organizers cannot guarantee that the submission will be accepted.