Pulping and Bleaching Track – PEERS 2018
The purpose of the Alkali Pulping and Bleaching track is to disseminate new developments in the production of alkali pulp, and present information on means of optimizing the process and address operational issues.
Presentations will cover the latest developments in oxidative pulping, brown stock monitoring and efficiency enhancements, bleach plant optimization, bleaching chemical utilization and production, oxygen delignification performance, and the impact and control of non-process elements. A panel will discuss chip supply and quality issues in the Pacific Northwest. A second panel will review the value and use of TAPPI’s Technical Information Papers (TIPS).
Why Should You Attend?
Participants will understand the latest developments in the alkali pulp and bleaching process, process enhancement that could be applicable to there manufacturing process and solutions to a number of issues that can negatively impact the efficiency, reliability and profitability of their operation.
Who Should Attend?
- Research Managers and Scientists
- Process Engineers
- Operations Managers and Related Personnel
Learning Outcomes for Attendees?
- Identify opportunities to optimize the alkali pulp and bleaching process.
- Address issues and develop solutions to operational issues.
- Optimize process parameters to minimize production costs and maximize profitability.
Which Alkali Pulping and Bleaching Sessions will be Held?
- Session 2: Advances in Pulping and Bleaching
- Session 5: Brownstock Washing
- Session 8: Bleaching Optimization
- Session 14: Bleaching Chemical
- Session 20: Oxygen Delignification
- Session 22: Pacific Northwest TAPPI Local Section Panel Discussion
- Session 29: TAPPI‐ TIPS Panel Discussion
- Session 33: Pulping Non‐Process Elements