|View the Recycling Track Schedule|
The purpose of the Recycling track is to disseminate new developments in the recycling field with emphasis on recycling previous unusable raw materials along with focus on packaging compatibility & environmental sustainability.
Presentations will cover developments in recycling packaging papers in a circular economy, transforming pulper ropes into a valuable resource, recycling paper-plastic laminate coffee cups, poly aluminum chloride in surface sizing for fluting packing grades, making packaging compatible with paper recycling, hydra pulper consistency control, how to detect dirt & shives & improved deinking flotation.
Participants will understand the latest developments in the recycling processes, process enhancement that could be applicable to their manufacturing process, and solutions to a number of issues & materials that were previously believed unusable in their operations.
Learning outcomes: After successfully completing the sessions in this track, the participants will be able to go back to their workplace and:
- Identify opportunities to optimize recycling and efficiently use all raw materials
- Address and develop solutions with an environmental sustainability in mind.
- Utilize technologies to address & remove containments from pulp streams.
- Use new technologies to optimize deinking & pulping operations.
Demonstration of learning outcomes: After attending the recycling presentation sessions attendees will have a better understanding of how to implement:
- Mill trials of equipment designed to improve quality, production, or cost of a process.
- Process engineering changes based on learned information.
- Consultation with experts in the field that were connections made during the conference.
- Mill audits and operational changes to save cost and increase process performance.
- Improved mill environmental performance due to changes & new raw material streams once deemed unusable.
Recycling Track Schedule
(Program is subject to change.)