The 12th Research Forum on Recycling continues its history of highlighting cutting-edge research results from around the world. Held every three years, this event will provide participants an extraordinary opportunity to hear the latest in recycling research, discuss and debate technical and operating issues, learn and network with experts and peers, and identify future research needs of the recycling community.
The Forum will be co-located with TAPPI's PEERS and IBBC Conferences and attendees can attend all three technical programs for only one registration fee.
Schedule at a Glance
Tuesday, October 29, 2019
8:30AM – 10:00AM - Session 12: Recovered Paper
Session Chair: Mika Körkkö, Haarla Oy
- New Methods for Measuring the Quality of Recovered Paper - Tobias Krebs, Technische Universität Darmstadt
- Best Practices for a World Class Recycled Mill - Kim "Will" Robinson, Process Solutions Group
- Refining: Recycled Fiber for Tissue Production - Dylan Schnese, Voith
10:30AM – 12:00PM - Session 17: Contaminant Removal
Session Chair: Lon Pschigoda, Western Michigan University
- Bubble nucleation to remove hydrophobic contaminants - Salman Aziz, Doshi and Associates
- The Application of ATR-IR Method for distinguishing Easy-Deinkable UV Prints - Hirohiko Koizumi, Nippon Paper Industries co., Ltd.
- Study on the Directional Removal of Microstickies in Papermaking White Water - Bo Li, South China University of Technology
- Stickies Removal in OCC Application - Cesar Basilio, Thiele Kaolin Company
1:30PM – 2:30PM - Fiber Recycling Committee Meeting
3:30PM – 5:00PM Session 24: Recycling
Session Chair: Cesar Basilio, Thiele Kaolin Company
- Presentations TBD