The 12th Research Forum on Recycling continues its history of highlighting cutting-edge research results from around the world. Held every three years, this event will provide participants an extraordinary opportunity to hear the latest in recycling research, discuss and debate technical and operating issues, learn and network with experts and peers, and identify future research needs of the recycling community.
The Forum will be co-located with TAPPI's PEERS and IBBC Conferences and attendees can attend all three technical programs for only one registration fee.
Schedule at a Glance
Tuesday, October 29, 2019
Session 12: Contaminant Removal
8:30AM – 10:00AM
Session Chair: Lon Pschigoda, Western Michigan University
- Bubble Nucleation to Remove Hydrophobic Contaminants
- Salman Aziz, Doshi and Associates
- Deposition Characteristics of Model Microstickies Originating from Papermaking Chemicals
- Bo Li, South China University of Technology
- Stickies Removal in OCC Application
- Cesar Basilio, Thiele Kaolin Company
Session 16: Recovered Paper
10:30AM – 12:00PM
Session Chair: TBD
- New Methods for Measuring the Quality of Recovered Paper
- Tobias Krebs, Technische Universität Darmstadt
- The Application of ATR-IR Method for Distinguishing Easy and Poor Deinkable UV Prints
- Hirohiko Koizumi, Nippon Paper Industries Co., Ltd.
- A Method for Analyzing Basis Wight Profile in Recycled Paper Mills
- Kim "Will" Robinson, Process Solutions Group
- Refining: Recycled Fiber for Tissue Production
- Dylan Schnese, Voith Paper
Fiber Recycling Committee Meeting*
1:30PM – 2:30PM
Session 23: Recycling
3:30PM – 5:00PM
Session Chair: Cesar Basilio, Thiele Kaolin Company
- Presentations TBD
*Attendees are invited to participate in any of the Committee Meetings at PEERS to learn more about their activities and how to get involved.